Edge protection and stair handrail systems
Staircases present a dangerous potential for falls when working at height in the construction business. Stairs are often a well travelled passageway for workers and materials, requiring specifically designed safety systems aimed at fall prevention. MKE offers a British Standards compliant safety system incorporating stair edge protection and landing protection. Telescopic rails can be easily adjusted to fit stairways of any size or configuration in timber frame buildings and concrete buildings for reliability and safety.
The MK designed and patented Stairsafety System provides a unique temporary edge protection solution for use on all open stairwells and landings. A modular system of telescopic rails, multi-angle swivel pillars and newel fittings that can be used on all kinds of staircases as well as concrete slab flooring and steel beam constructions. The MK Stairsafety System is simple to configure and quick to install with no specialist training required for installation.
- No tools required for installation
- Lightweight and robust design
- Reconfigurable and reusable components
- Suitable for use with virtually any wood or concrete stairs
- Easily transportable from site to site
- High visibility powder coating
- Provision for kick-boards
- Designed and tested to exceed BS EN 13374
(Temporary edge protection systems)